What is a Five-piece (5-piece) Bathroom?
A Five-piece bathroom (5-piece bath) is a bathroom that has five plumbing fixtures: a sink, a toilet, and three other fixtures.
Real Estate Agent Explains Five-piece Bathrooms
A 5-piece bathroom is now a fairly common form of full bathroom. Ensuite washrooms may have two sinks for to make getting ready in the morning quicker. Also, Jack and Jill bathrooms often have two sinks to make sharing a bathroom easier on kids with side-by-side bedrooms.
5-piece bathrooms can be listed as a 5-piece bath or 5pc bath on real estate listings.
The five fixtures of a 5-piece bath could technically be any of the following:
- Sink, sink, toilet, shower, bathtub (most common arrangement)
- Sink, sink, toilet, double shower
- Sink, sink, toilet, shower, bidet
- Sink, sink, toilet, bathtub, bidet
- Sink, toilet, shower, bathtub, bidet
- Sink, toilet, double shower, bathtub
Why Does It Matter?
As with all the other bathroom definitions; you don’t really know what the five fixtures are when it comes to a real estate listing, so you’d have to check.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com